Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fount of fonts

Hi.

I'm Amy.

I'm a Font Whore.

I just downloaded 20 fonts. I was looking for a simple font for an invitation for a housewarming party, and I ended up with 20 fonts.  All different types. Handwriting fonts. Art Deco fonts. Typewriter fonts (my personal favorites!). Initial-only fonts. Trash fonts (the picture above and to the right is one of the fonts I downloaded--Dirty Classic by Billy Argel. A trash font is something you might see in an old stained book.)

God, I love fonts.

You might ask what I do with hundreds of fonts. Well, I craft with them. When I scrapbook, or make invitations, or cards, or just 2-D paper projects, I'll use my 997 different fonts to add interest with words. I consider them to be another artistic element. Some people Photoshop--I use fonts. They can convey moods, ideas, and the past.

I spent an hour and a half looking through fonts at two different websites (here and here) and I feel like I could spend at least another hour. Ninety minutes, browsing fonts. I amaze myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment