Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun with email!

Each day, I send out emails to lots of people who use the web application I work with. I try to be as clear and concise as I can be, and always offer my help in any way.

I get replies like this one.

From: [name blocked for privacy reasons and also so they can't be made fun of more than I already have with my co-workers]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:39 PM
To: Amy
Subject: RE: URGENT: Registration not accessible!
 
Dear Amy,
I am trying to create an account.I put in my name .It says I don’t exist
Please advise
Janet Smith [not her real name]


Why, of course you exist: you just sent me an awfully funny email!



I also get replies like this:

From: [name removed to protect the stupid brain-compromised]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 12:12 PM
To: Amy
Subject: 
RE: URGENT: Registration not accessible!

I not know can’t find my ID number I ask, since we are SMP and not the AS program do we need to register?  Thanks Samantha [not her real name]


Seriously? You sent this email without reading it over? Or maybe you did re-read before sending it and thought it sounded ok. In that case, I really hope you didn't procreate.



All I can do with these things is laugh. And blog about them.







No comments:

Post a Comment